Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

This is the first year that we've actually had a full-sized Christmas tree! I was so excited to put it up but no one would let me until after Thanksgiving (understandable, I guess). :) Chelsee knew how excited I was so we made a whole Christmas day out of it! We made a big breakfast that morning and then started on the tree. She did the actual tree construction... she knows the proper "fluffing" technique! :)

The glow of the tree lights up the whole apartment at night!





We don't have a fireplace, so our stockings just had to be hung on the wall... I'm sure Santa will still be able to find them!

Along with setting up the tree on our Christmas-spirited day, we also built a beautiful gingerbread house!! It looks so much better than the one we tried to build two years ago when we were in Utah!



Since we don't have a real tree but we love the smell of pine, I took some branches from my parents' tree before I left and put them around the house along with pine scented candles. Now it actually smells like Christmas around here!

0 comments: